Chess For Change
“Play, think and change”
MAIN IDEAS IS OF THE PROJECT
What it is about is not about teaching “normal chess”, but to take advantages of the strategic, values, emotional and cultural background that this game-science brings, so that children and adolescents (target audience) acquire a more strategic approach of thinking and behavior, so then this is reflected in their own lives.
The way to obtain the goal is based on the principle that Chess is a wealth of ideas and parallelism with daily life, it is an art that teaches thinking. It is a space for life, through which people can know and live their own emotions.
That is to say, chess is taken as an art, and therefore, it is cultivated. By cultivating a strategic art, we are sure that reality can be transformed.
WHY CHESS AND NOT OTHER SPORTS
- Chess, like music and poetry, has the virtue of making human beings be happy.
- The current life leads us to neglect. Caring for our family is to dedicate time to oneself, it is not wasted time, but to make life fun and knowing how to handle difficult moments when they come…
- A board and 32 pieces have illustrated our way of understanding war, art, science and the human brain.
- In chess, four elements are set: understood as a sport, goals, dreams and a life expectancy
- Chess is the game par excellence. A metaphor of life, of struggle, of battle.
- In chess you learn to make decisions based on the evaluation of all the things that can happen. Thought, it includes decisions that at first glance are not good and then you discard them with analysis.
- Through the practice of chess, there are improvements in learning problems of children.
- You learn the strategy, the long-term approach, therefore improve your Decision Making Process.
- The chess allows to educate in the sense of the norms and dosage of the affections.
- The chess is a duel of one man against another, where the personality of man is compromised. Each player fights against his inner enemy, which is his clumsiness or his findings” (Juan José Arreola).
- Chess is an activity where problems must be solved with reason, imagination and conscience.
- With chess, children understand the importance of thinking before acting, they learn to make decisions based on evaluation of alternatives.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
The target audience (girls, boys living in contexts of socio-economic vulnerability) acquires a more strategic way of focusing their life. In this strategic way of focusing their life, habits such as analyzing, planning, thinking in the medium and long term or assessing the different possibilities, are much more present.
Extract from the practice of chess values and ideas that can be coupled in the beneficiary groups of the project: Patience, Respect towards the norms and towards the rival, Stimulation of the desire to overcome, Control of impulsivities, Self-responsibility, Self-esteem, Self-criticism.
Promote activities and spaces that educate and train individuals, so that they think and act for themselves.
Motivate in children and young people the desire to develop intellectually within ethics of family life. Promoting the family as a moral space.
MISSION & VISION
The project is created with the ideal of forging a new path in the education and formation of values of children and young people living in contexts of socio-economic vulnerability, through the teaching of the mythical and millennial art of chess. Teaching in a non-existent way, social chess. The aim is to provide thought tools to enhance personal resources for individual and collective well-being.
“The mission is not the erudition of taking chess masters. Education through chess is the education of thinking for yourselves “(Emmanuel Lasker- 1894 to 1921).
Children and adolescents with critical thinking, who think for themselves, and therefore, happy individuals and owners of their destinies.